The Backyard

The Backyard

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Organic Bread from Scratch

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, my latest read (see other post) convinced me to think about making my own organic bread so I know exactly what's in it and whether or not its truly organic, and of course eliminated a lot of that crap they put in bread nowadays - High Fructose Corn syrup, sugar, hydrogenated garbage, "enriched" wheat flour, etc. Of course there's no time to make bread as we all know...the old fashioned kneeding of dough and an all day affair. Enter Bread Machine. I had one years ago, but it only lasted about 3 years until it broke. So the new one is on the way. You may ask, what benefit is it to the environment using an electric bread machine? Interesting article here on Bread Machines vs Store bought bread. They claim a loaf of bread is 50% less than a loaf of store bought bread.

No comments: