The Backyard

The Backyard

Friday, April 11, 2008

Garden Happenings - April 10, 2008

Pictures are coming...but for now, here's the update of what went in the garden yesterday:

  • 250 Yellow Spanish Onion Plants
  • 125 Red Onions - variety is MARS
  • 24 Brocolli plants
LOTS of seeds:
  • Turnips (for my momma and pappa)
  • Carrots
  • Red Beets
  • Spicy Mixed Greens Mix
  • Salad Greens
  • Spinach
  • Radishes

Coldweather seeds to plant yet: Romaine Lettuce (for hubby) and Fennel. Moved the stinkin (literally!) compost pile a 3rd time! I thought it made sense to put it directly in the garden...until I realized I needed the garden space for seeds. So I moved it under the grape arbor, and didn't like it there. So it ended up basically back where it started from! Geez. Its actually easiest to turn where its at now and its out of the way, yet accessible (a little further from the house, but it'll do. I ain't moving again this season!). And its barely cooking, but the grass is about to be cut for the first time, so I'll get some green on it.

No comments: