The Backyard

The Backyard

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Even With All Those Cookbooks...

You'll have to admit, sometimes the best recipes are the ones we come up with ourselves. My husband will vouch I was never really a "good" cook. But sometimes some things taste soooooo good, we just have to share. My great Aunt (long passed), used to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches and yes to this day, I love a peanut butter and banana sandwich on toasted bread. There was a time we were skiing and we stopped in the lodge to have our bring-your-own-lunch with a bunch of other skiers. When I whipped out my bread and wrapped the banana in it, the eyes got wide -- it was fun. Even hubby noticed how I got the glares. Yes, taste is in the eyes of the beholder, but that's what makes it fun:

2 cups mashed organic butternut squash (it was the next to the last one in storage).
1 cup organic soy milk
1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese
2 tablespoons raw organic sugar

Whip together like mashed potatoes. O.M.G.

No comments: