The Backyard

The Backyard

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Getting In The Garden - Maybe This Weekend

This is the time of the year the gardener-types get antsy to get out and start digging. The biking types also start squirming in their bike shorts to ride outside after a long winter of biking indoors. Oh, and the kayaking types like my husband ALSO get excited when they see a 50 or 60 degree weekend temperature. This weekend coming up is going to be a busy one. I like to start cutting back perenniels and do a little spring cleanup on weekends like this and I may start cleaning up the grape arbor mess left by mother nature a couple weeks ago. In just two weeks, the peas are going in the ground and they couldn't be happier now that we were spared any more snow and the ground is fairly thawed. I still think about a cold frame of some sort, but that would require me convincing my hubby to build me something and that may not happen. And the biking and kayaking? Well that's getting squeezed in there too. We plan to ride mountain bike on Saturday, and kayak roll on Sunday. I can't say I enjoy indoor kayak rolling when its 60 degrees outside! But there's only two roll sessions left, so I'll deal.

No comments: