The Backyard

The Backyard

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Staying in the Sustainable Food Budget - Growing Pains

Damn this is hard. If I don’t lose weight this month, I never will! Keeping the focus local and/or organic really changes up the daily habits. No more reaching for the sugar-free candies to settle the hunger pangs. No more grabbing a bag of pretzels at the vending machine… no more digging in the snack drawer and munching on the soynuts or other nuts – because they ain’t organic! No more heading to the café for an order of onion rings, or a bagel. My snack today was fried potatoes from home. But that’s ok… I sorta planned it that way knowing I’d be hungry. I’m seeing already I’ll have to think more about consuming fulfilling foods – foods with fiber – so I don’t crave anything and feel fuller all the time. Oh, and that cup of coffee I constantly have in my hand? It ain’t organic, so it ain’t there. ARGH!!! This is painful… but I’ll endure. Habits will truly be changed -- all for the better!

No comments: