The Backyard

The Backyard

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fish is Back


After about 3 months of no fish, seafood, nor meat in the diet, the old bones started screaming and yelling that something just ain't right. My workouts were suffering, my muscles were tired and weak most of the time - even with soy protein added in the diet. So this week was an experiment of increasing protein to 100 g a day (I was getting about 50-70), and I took the plunge and ate some "healthy" salmon -- the Alaskan wild caught kind that doesn't hurt the enviornment much (except the shipping resources to get it here). Low and behold, I'm back to "normal." I can workout again without any issues and the energy levels are back up. There was a vegan here at work that was meatless (totally) for 14 years and he was forced to start eating again by his doctor. His protein levels were SO low for so many years it was reaching a critical health issue stage. So the search will begin for the "healthy" good for the environment fish.

No comments: