The Backyard

The Backyard

Friday, March 14, 2008

"Fresh" Delivery of the Startings of Black Gold


There's nothing that excites me more in the springtime than coming home from work and seeing the signs that a delivery has been made of my most prized garden additive. From the tracks in the driveway, to the sunken tracks in the field heading to the garden work area...my manure spreader full of horsey doodoo has arrived! I feel like the luckiest girl in the valley when my dear old dad cleans his horse stalls and makes a delivery for me in the spring. I get SO excited that I wanna just roll around in it. Last night, I couldn't wait to get out of the car and run out and check it out, with camera in hand of course because this stuff is gold to a gardener and I have to share with everyone. I'm in heaven -- thank you Pappa! I have to take off next Wednesday, and I planned to be off next Friday, and my boss suggested I take Thursday also (I love my boss). At first I wasn't really planning on it, but now that my delivery is here, I decided I'd use the day to prepare for the compost pile. I'll separate some of this to my composting area which I haven't quite decided where that will be yet because of the requirements for composting: connvenience to the house to "dump" my scraps; easy access to water it to keep it wet, and close to the garden to deliver the finished product to the vege plants...I may put it directly in the garden, but I may not have room. There's a couple other options I have to scope out. The springs seeds will go in the ground too on Thursday. Woohoooo...spring is here!

No comments: