The Backyard

The Backyard

Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm a Slacker

No doubt.... I've been slacking on posting on this blog. Sorry kids -- I've been sidelined a bit (see Chilibloggin for more details). Since my temporary detainment, the gardens have been sorta left go for about 3 weeks and man on man are there weed TREES growing. I tried to pull some only to have them break at the roots. The shovel is needed. Crap. I managed to keep the weeds semi under control in the food patch... so the mater's are going crazy, the cantelope is doing its vining thing and the zuchinni will be picked in about a week or two. The pepper plants are looking good and my mom is ready to pick the onions (but they aren't quite ready yet). The basil is looking fine and dandy -- ready for some drying and vinegar making. My dear, dear hubby helped get things under control shortly after I came home from the hospital. The greens bolted, so they needed pulled and he so sweetly pulled them all for me. My dear mother came up to help me one day, but my dear hubby beat her to it. (I think she was releived -- she gets tired gardening). In the meantime (until I get more pics), here's a cool website to check out Green stuff.

www.greenyour.com

No comments: