The Backyard

The Backyard

Sunday, February 8, 2009

More Seeds?

Two more seed orders arrived since my initial mother-lode order with Fedco - I'm obsessed! I was concerned FEDCO wouldn't come through with my back orders, so I ordered a few "extras" from other companies. But FEDCO since has sent the back orders (except the corn) so now I have a couple doubles - that's cool, they'll grow! The extras came from High Mowing Seeds and Gardens Alive - both organic. Actually, I had forgotten Jalepeno peppers and decided to add just a few more other vegetables (yellow wax beans and some extra parsley and fennel). I think I'm getting some quinoa from Seeds of Change yet (only place that carries Quinoa), then I'll be ready. After that, everything's ready... seeds, seed starter, a couple more jiffy greenhouses (yes, I'm sorry to say I still use the little plastic, petroleum based cell packs - drat!). I may start the broccoli next weekend.

1 comment:

DailySAHM said...

I used the jiffy seed starter thing last year and liked it, especially the little soil pellets. It's easy and dummy proof, and for a newbie like me that's what I need. I went to Lowe's this morning and bought my lighting paraphanelia, now Chris just needs to assemble the lighting stand contraption for me. FEDCO seeds came last week... it was like Christmas! (without the stress and family)