The Backyard

The Backyard

Friday, April 24, 2009

Killing Weeds With Vinegar

I plan to purchase about 5-6 gallons of vinegar this weekend to start the weed-killing. I'm determined to try to get through a season without the aid of Monsanto's Round-up weed killer. My mom glared at me like I was truly going crazy, "What?" she said, "how are you going to keep things under control without Round-up? I couldn't live without it." Last year, I tried vinegar at a couple of spots and it worked beautifully. this year I'm attempting to use it exclusively. I'll keep you posted. The only downfall is it takes a lot of it and cost-wise, its actually probably still cheaper than a bottle of Round-up. But the true benefit no matter the amount it takes, is the benefit to saving the environment and NOT supporting Monsanto. Simple, Green, and Frugal had a good post on 20 Household Uses of Vinegar, one of which was weed killing.

No comments: