The Backyard

The Backyard

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Healthy Grocer Review

For my friends living in the Harrisburg, PA area, the Healthy Grocer is nothing new to them. But country bumpkin Chili only recently had the pleasure of actually visiting the Healthy Grocer for the first time. What drove me there was the need for "local" tofu made in Allentown, and only the Healthy Grocer carried it. I've purposely been avoiding this store 'cause some of their items are fairly pricey according to the on-line store -- but no pricier than most organic/natural food stores. And what did I find when I finally went there?! BARGAINS and VARIETY! Many of the things I've been foolishly mail ordering I found at the Healthy Grocer cheaper than on-line. Unsweetened Almond milk - .60 a carton cheaper; 8 oz. Dr. Bronner Liquid Soap - $1.00 cheaper. And the choices astounded me. There were aisles and aisles of products to choose from - I was quite impressed and will likely make the trek back when I'm in need again. Its only about 3 miles from my work -- definitely worth the detour every now and then. Very nice store. Keep in mind you out-of-towners, central PA lacks stores like this (and non-existent in Northern Dauphin county, 1 hour north of Harrisburg), the Healthy Grocer is THE place to shop for vegan/organic/natural food if you are looking for a good choice of variety.

No comments: